Sunday, May 22, 2011

They Love Me, They Really Love Me...

Being a real estate professional is never really easy. It's not really that difficult either, truth be told, but the last few years have been quite a roller coaster ride.
None of this is evidenced more clearly than by how new home builders treat Realtors. Talk about feast or famine! Back in 2005/2006 they were so confident of their ability to attract buyers that they practically dared Realtors to show their homes. "Must be present at initial showing to be eligible for commission, Blah, Blah, Blah..." "Do not pass machine gun towers without obtaining special permit from obergruppenfuhrer..." Well you get the message.
Suddenly, it's a brand new day and my inbox is flooded with all kinds of generous offers. All I have to do is swing by, take a look at the new complex (now with highly competitive pricing)and I get a voucher good for dinner and a movie.
Or- Are gas prices forcing you to park your fuel-guzzling land yacht in despair? Never fear. Zoom by our new and improved mega-sub-division and we'll give you a $25 gas card. Just for showing up!
My how times have changed. As I get older, I realize that some of my faculties are not what they used to be. Luckily, my memory isn't one of them. So,you'll excuse me if I don't immediately add these guys to my Christmas card list.
I was even offered an I-Pad, whatever that might be. I suppose if I ever get my I-Period, I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment